The Campus Director ensures effective and efficient operation of the campus. Provides leadership in directing the flow and support to all students, faculty, and staff to ensure operational procedures are being followed and seeks improvement and advisement regarding those procedures throughout the entire campus operation. Monitors campus operation and serves as an evening and weekend resource to external and internal customers.
Campus Director Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for campus-level administration, including but not limited to student services, financial planning, student activities, facilities, and the career center.
- Assure full compliance with regulations and requirements of the accrediting agencies, the Department of Education, federal and local agencies.
- Adhere to Department of Education and corporate policies and procedures regarding Title IV Financial Aid Funds.
- Develop and monitor the fiscal campus budget to ensure the campus can continue to achieve its mission and objectives and achieve corporate goals.
- Guide and monitor all aspects of academics to ensure that quality educational opportunities are provided to students.
- Oversee graduate placement efforts to ensure that student/graduates are obtaining positions related to their career objectives and field of study.
- Provide accurate and timely submission of payroll and accounts payable to central administration, as well as other records and reports requested from central administration.
- Follow appropriate procedures as established by the HR Department for effective recruitment, selection, training, developing, and maintaining a productive workforce.
- Perform other duties that will assist in promoting SAE within the community.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations.
- Participate in scheduled discussions with the Chief Executive Officer and other corporate officers regarding the management report, P & L, student population data, withdrawal data, new start data, account receivable data, financial data, student satisfaction and graduate employment.
- Responsible for completing and submitting the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Establish regular staff meetings to ensure communication, feedback, and development maintenance of productive work processes.
- Maintain a safe and quality working and learning environment including the physical facility and grounds.
- Responsible for carrying out campus Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures in compliance with the Campus Security and Crime Prevention Policy
- In cooperation with campus leadership, ensure adherence by students to policies and procedures and address student complaints and concerns.
- Manage all functional areas: academics, financial aid, student services and admissions.
- Represent the school as an official spokesperson within the community and preserve the proper image of the school, its employees, and students.
- Provide routine/timely operational reports to appropriate executives.
- Other responsibilities, which may be assigned by SAE’s CEO, CFO and Chief Academic and Compliance Officer.
Campus Director Key Result Areas:
4-8 objectives with associated activities and KPI’s (which can then align with the performance plan) that the incumbent is accountable for.
Ensures effective and efficient campus operations.
Oversee recruitment, enrollment, retention, and placement of students.
Adhere to corporate policies and procedures regarding Title IV Financial Aid Funds.
Develop, plan and implement goals to maximize space utilization; and increase campus utilization, efficiency, safety, and customer service in an effort to increase enrollment and student satisfaction.
Manage expenses and cash flow (EBITA), and a zero-based budget (ZBB).
Supervise, direct, monitor and review the work of direct reports to ensure established goals are met for enrollment retention and placement.
Build and promote campus community.
Ensure regulatory compliance related to State Licensing Department, Accreditation, and the Department of Education. Ensure staff are qualified and trained to provide program instruction and achieve learning outcomes.
Financial aid review.
Key Performance indicators:
Achieve monthly and annual P&L targets as assigned.
Achieve 100% of enrollment start goal per term as assigned.
Achieve a minimum retention rate of 70% or assigned campus goal.
Achieve a minimum placement goal of 70% or assigned campus goal.
Convene the assigned number of community building events per term.
100% of teaching staff are qualified and credentialed to lead courses.
100% accuracy of Campus records maintained, per audit.
Achieve a 4.0 score or higher on student course surveys.
Service at-risk students within 24 hours of notification of issue.
Monthly review to ensure financial aid and other student funding is collected as scheduled, and that financial aid does not exceed 90% of program cost.
Campus Director Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field required.
- At least 7 years of professional work experience as Campus Director at an institution of higher education. 10 years preferred
At Least 5 years of professional work experience at the management level in a for-profit institution required.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite for MAC skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
Communicating effectively with people at all levels in the organization. Communicating clear and concise information; avoiding vagueness, ambiguity, and mixed messages. Giving specific, timely feedback to manager and others increasing the organization’s efficiency. Receiving cooperation and support from people at varying levels and in different groups.
Remaining productive during periods of change. Taking the initiative to mitigate challenges and obstacles as needed; being action oriented.
Working collaboratively with people throughout the organization. Supporting others when needed. Working effectively with people who have diverse ideas and perspectives.
- Quality & Customer Focus:
Continuously look for ways to simplify and improve work processes to achieve better results. Seeking input from internal and external customers to create efficiencies and improve performance. Maintaining focus on long-term quality results.
Campus Director Additional Information:
Sitting and standing for long periods. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper, occasional lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, stacks of paper, equipment and other materials. Moving from place to place within the organization, minimal reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.