Job Vacancy Notice
Job Title: Institutional Research Manager
Job ID: 21920
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
Reporting to the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness, the Institutional Research Manager manages the College’s institutional effectiveness activities. The Manager oversees all assessment activities on campus, with particular emphasis on the ongoing support and reporting of the assessment and planning activities of the Administrative and Education Support Units (AES), support for the assessment of student learning and outcomes, and Periodic Program Reviews (PPR). The Manager collects, develops, analyzes, communicates and consults on a wide range of institutional data and assessment activities and coordinates reporting with the Dean for Institutional Effectiveness. The Manager's responsibilities include informed decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning and institutional self-assessment. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and direct the design, prioritization, and implementation of institutional research activities, including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the institution for use in decision-making, strategic planning, and reporting as appropriate within the institution.
- Guide and teach faculty and staff members on various evaluation, planning and assessment tools, assessment design, and longitudinal evaluation techniques.
- Manage and maintain database, including the timely updates of the College’s data dashboards (e.g. enrollment, retention, graduation rates and degree conferrals, grade distribution, employment statistics, institutional survey results.);
- Develop and produce relevant, timely and accurate institutional reports for college faculty administrators, the college community at large, and external agencies;
- Advise department personnel on developing assessable program goals, learning outcomes, success outcomes, and assessment measures;
- Support and integrate university and college planning efforts within institutional research, policy analysis and outcome assessment;
- Conduct and/or advise on data reduction, statistical analysis and interpretation of results;
- Represent the department on committees, task forces, and at state and national conferences.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Master’s degree or advanced degree in a research-related field and full-time experience in a research related position, is preferred.
- Proven understanding of higher education issues and higher education research, particularly in the area of enrollment management and teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, academic assessment concepts and experience with program or institutional accreditation.
- Knowledge of intermediate/advanced statistics.
- Advanced skills in the use of several software and specialized data and presentation packages, especially ACCESS, EXCEL and SPSS.
- Advanced knowledge of survey administration, questionnaire construction, and analysis.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in diverse communities.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting, including technical reporting and the procedures of institutional research.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College institutional research programs and studies related to the College's mission.
- Develops relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the college community, the external community, and external agencies.
- Defines and implements research studies, designing and conducting data analyses and analyzing and interpreting results.
- Researches, develops and recommends policy analyses relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
- Participates in college-wide strategic planning, institutional effectiveness and outcomes assessment tasks.
- Respond to data, table and report requests from college constituencies.
- Manage surveys, questionnaires and other data-gathering instruments administered by the Office.
- Manages a library of institutional planning and research documents.
- May consult with faculty and students in the design of databases for research projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Institutional Research Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
April 1, 2020
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.