The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for facilitating student learning in the Fire Services program.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
4. Evaluate student performance and provide regular feedback in courses taught by the instructor.
5. Use data to continually revise curriculum to improve student learning.
6. Actively work with other personnel in student recruitment, retention and job placement. This includes developing strategies aimed at the recruitment and retention of minority students.
7. Develop and maintain curriculum in a variety of non-traditional formats to meet student delivery needs in collaboration with department/ division staff; participate in instructional and curriculum articulation activities with other programs, other Schools of the College, other colleges and universities, and District K-12 partners.
8. Function without direct supervision in a team environment with the ability to support a cohesive department atmosphere.
9. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
10. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as clinical affiliations, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
11. Design and implement strategies to engage students in the learning process.
12. Integrate the use of technology into the teaching and learning process.
13. Attend School, program and advisory committee meetings; participate in appropriate staff development activities such as diversity awareness, technology training, etc.
14. Plan and implement professional development strategies to continually improve teaching and professional experience.
15. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
16. Maintain ESI Certification with the WTCS.
17. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.